Sunday, August 23, 2015

Meal planning for the family

I admit, I am not an organized person by nature. I was not gifted with that natural talent like some people. That's why I love that so many people are out there to help us disorganized slobs!

I have gained so much order using a home management binder. I keep so much info in it for easy reference. Lists! Calendars! Doctor info! Cleaning schedules! I like taking a few minutes in the mornings after my workout to go through my binder, reading and adding to lists, refreshing the calendar, etc. Throw in an enormous cup of coffee* and you have yourself a comfy little moment of domestic bliss.

One of my most favorite things in my journal is my meal planner. Though I do like to switch up my printables, I'm currently using the meal planner by Organizing Home Life. So many free printables!
I create my meal plans weekly. I'm a collector of cookbooks and LOVE to cook from scratch, so perusing my books and coming up with meal ideas for my family is one of my favorite things to do.


Current favorite cookbook: This Williams-Sonoma cookbook. The pictures alone are to die for. 
So anyway, I come up with breakfasts, lunches and dinners for a whole week in my meal planner, write out the grocery list (also in my binder!) and shop on my errand day. No more panic at dinner time. Plus with 2 young boys around, I can prepare them ahead of time for what awaits them at meal time. Oh the joys of picky kids. 

* Seriously, this cup is the size of my face.

Currently reading: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad (1899)

No comments:

Post a Comment