Thursday, August 20, 2015

On my bookshelf



As I said previously, I love reading. I consider it an important fact about myself. My favorite types of books are classics, though I have a long list of genres I will read with pleasure.

Every so often, I will list the three books on my "to read" shelf.
I began the Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge back in January. Though I have always loved books, I hit a period of time where I only churned out maybe 3-4 read books a year. That was right around the time I had my first baby. *cough cough*
I decided to right this terrible wrong and make it a point to do something I enjoyed. Plus, a public goal is always good motivation. I took it easy on myself and challenged myself to read 25 books before December 31st.

Here is my list of the next three books on my "to read" bookshelf.

• Heart Of Darkness by Joseph Conrad (1899)
• The Complete Sherlock Holmes vol. 2 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1903-1927)
• Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray (1848)

Heart Of Darkness will be my 25th book to read since the beginning of the year, so I'll be completing my challenge soon!

Have you ever participated in a reading challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment